RE: rear wheel clearance

To: "'Rick Snover'" <ricksnover@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: rear wheel clearance
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 08:17:31 -0600
You can grind about 3/8ths of an inch off the inner fender lip... but you
have to be careful if you're trying to preserve good paint.

You can "rool" the fender out with a suitable sized dowel or baseball bat,
but, again, you must be careful.

I've seen some racers actually section out the lip, and raise the lip in
relationship to the fender, to give a "stock look".

Finally, the best thing you can do is add a Panhard rod, and adjust the side
to side placement of the rear axle to best locate the tires between the
fenders.