Re: Car insurance problem off topic... Now Kinda Long

To: "Jim Juhas" <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Car insurance problem off topic... Now Kinda Long
From: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 23:47:05 -0800 (PST)
     Speaking of insurance problems... I had a bad accident on the 10th of
August of last year which resulted in a trip to the emergency room
for some staples in my head and a bandage on my left hand.  The 3
hour visit totaled $15200!  They asked if I had insurance when I
entered the hospital.   When I showed them my Blue Cross card it was
like the "I can't believe it's not butter" commercial.  Doors opened,
all the testing machines in emergency were warmed up, nurses and
doctors came out of nowhere and I got the royal treatment.  One look
in the emergency room and you know why.  Almost NO English spoken out
there.  Almost no insurance out there either.
   This brings me to the problem.  Blue Cross was billed and they
forwarded the bill to Coalition of America, an organization that
negotiates what and how much will be paid for the charges.  Obviously
the hospital did not like what they were offered, so they filed again
with Blue Cross of California.  Both times they filed they neglected to
include the account number assigned to my bill by the hospital.  This
went on for months.  The hospital finally turned it over to a county
collection agency which is after me for the $15,200!  The collection
agency won't call Blue Cross and the hospital says it out of their
hands.  My insurance company says I am the only one that has called
them about this account.  The Hospital never called them to talk about
it!  Do I need a lawyer for this?
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2
P.S. It was not a Healey that got totaled. (a Miata)