Re: I quit

To: Jack Laird <jlaird237@cox.net>
Subject: Re: I quit
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:10:13 -0500
FWIW, I never had a set of SUs run correctly on anything with the flats
at 9.  Usually 13 or so, if I'm remembering right.  Not that this means
anything, but it's just my experience.  I don't recall your entire saga,
so forgive me if this is repetitious: are the needles set at correct
height in the piston?

When it drops off and quits, is there fuel in the bowls?

Don't overlook the possibility that a new problem developed when fixing
the old.

I also had a very difficult time once diagnosing carbs when I finally
discovered it was trying to run on only one.  I can't remember now what
was specifically wrong with the non-performer, but I resolved it with
fastidious disassembly, reassembly and tuning.