Re: Bugeye fuel tank leak

To: Rich Hill <richard.hill@sri.com>, spridgets
Subject: Re: Bugeye fuel tank leak
From: Dave Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 22:15:54 -0500
There is a sponge rubber gasket around the filler neck. Under the floor.
The only way to check the neck is dropping the tank. Our filler neck was
perforated like swiss cheese from the years of moisture being held
there. I used fiberglass cloth and resin to wrap the tube and seal it
again. It's been fine for three or four years.

Dave