Some tuning help, perhaps?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Some tuning help, perhaps?
From: "Blake Field" <blakeafield@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 18:39:10 -0500
Greetings:

I have a 1960 AH Sprite, 1275 engine, pertronix ignition, and Weber 45 DCOE.
New plugs, new wires.  After a couple of years in various states of repair,
I've recently fired the engine up. It starts and idles fairly well. However,
any application of any throttle whatsoever causes it to bog down.  No matter
what I do I can't get it to go above idle.  Even when I try to advance the
idle adjuster screw to make it run a bit faster, it bogs down. Goosing it
won't work; it just bogs.  Any ideas as to what I should be looking
for/doing to correct this situation?

Thanks,

Blake