Re: Bought Miata, Now What? Pseudo Japanese LBC content.

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bought Miata, Now What? Pseudo Japanese LBC content.
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 09:21:58 -0700 (PDT)
--- Geoff Branch <gjbranch@comcast.net> wrote:
> offset, or new carpets, or shift knob will make a
> difference in performance.

Ah, the Voodoo shift knob...I remember that.

I've done nearly 100,000 miles in 2 different Miatas,
including a 4000 mile criss-cross country trip and a
1900 mile meander to Florida from NY. The add-on
tricks don't really do anything noticeable from the
modified cars I drove. Take it in a parking lot and
learn to drive it sideways. Not slide it sideways,
drive it sideways. Learn its limits, and your limits,
and drive it at 8/10ths of that as much as you can.
Then join the local Miata club and do the autocrosses
where you can get the other 2/10ths. David, Willy, and
Flash can attest to that, I think.  IMNSHO that's the
best performance tweak you can do. Well, that and Toyo
Proxes tires, if they still make them. The 94 is a
good vintage, it should be bulletproof and you'll tire
of it well before it breaks.

Ron