Re: Bought Miata, Now What? Pseudo Japanese LBC content.

To: derf <derf247@gmail.com>, Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bought Miata, Now What? Pseudo Japanese LBC content.
From: David Ambrose <stargazer1@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 18:10:06 -0700
derf wrote:

>OK, I broke down and bought a Miata.  It is just as I expected.  The first
>time I saw one I thought "Well Mazda started making MGBs."  It has the feel
>of a Modern LBC.   After reading posts on this list about Miatas I started
>keeping my eyes open for one.
>Now, to make it go a little faster, where should I start?  I'm thinking
>header, exhaust, ECU chip, maybe intake, but nothing expensive.  Any ideas?
>It's a 94 with the 1.8l motor and 5 speed.

We have a '95 M edition. The previous owner installed Eibach springs. It
rides like a go-kart, but oh does it corner. Oh yeah, we have to tip-toe
over anything that looks like a speed bump. The work was done right, and
all the suspension geometry is good. It also has the cold air induction,
which probably doesn't do a d*mn thing, but it looks cool. I'd stay away
from the aftermarket engine mods. It's plenty good as-is, and the
engineers clearly did the best they could.

Spend your money on a roll bar, proper cup holder, some new eyeball
vents, and a bag that fits in the package shelf. Then go take a trip
along the back roads. We did Highway 1 from Monterey to Newport Beach
this summer, and it's a great way to go camping.

Cheers,
Dave Ambrose

--
------
Sure, "Scrum" is a weird name, but "Assault and Battery" was already taken.