Re: Bought Miata, Now What? Pseudo Japanese LBC content.

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bought Miata, Now What? Pseudo Japanese LBC content.
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 16:58:12 -0700 (PDT)
--- derf <derf247@gmail.com> wrote:
> wonder if I can ditch the cat converter.

Not really necessary unless it's clogged. Modern cats
are much, much better than the old days, and a
cat-back is just as good in street applications. Plus
the low emissions will obsolete the Prius (and what
happens to all the crap in the electric side of the
car when it's junked?). The Miata cat isn't just low
restriction, it's tuned. Jackson, et. al. are more
tuned, but your Miata as Mike said is extremely
"engineered" as it came from the factory. Now my '78
Alfa, the emission system is a very different story...
It looks nice sitting in the box in the basement. The
car passed emissions for the PO (no testing here) with
the Spica properly tuned. The fact that the cat
overheat sensor is disconnected and stowed hasn't
stopped the "EXH OVERTEMP" light from going on once in
a while, though.

Ron

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265