Re: RIP Frank Clarici

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RIP Frank Clarici
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 18:26:21 -0700
>This is just my opinion, but I've never liked any of the Japanese
>cars. One of the guys who works with me has a 2 door Acura that he
>calls a "Sports Car".

   Anything with a fixed top is NOT a Sports Car !

  I own 3 sports cars, fold down windshields and side curtains, that
is what makes it sports car, oh yeah, a top that you are not sure if
it leaks more when it is up rather than down, is also a requirement
for the title Sports Car.  My other 2 cars have roll up windows and a
top that more or less seals pretty well when up, so they are Sporty
cars but not Sports Cars...although 8,500RPM on that V6 fed by
3-2Barrel Webers sounds awfully good.

>There is just something soul-less about them.

  And Yes, they are soul-less, you turn the key, push the button and
drive, no issues, no break downs, no hassles, good for getting to
work in every day when your boss would not understand "Sorry, my car
broke down" that is why I also have one of them... Yuck no ! not a
Miata ! a S2000.  It has no soul, it has no feelings, it just hangs
onto the road like if it was part of the road and it gets me to work everyday.

  I guess I have the best of both worlds, I own 6 cars, all 6 are
convertibles, 3 are true Sports Cars as defined by the laws of LBC's,
3 are Sporty or is that Sportie ?

         mike

Mike Rambour
Bug Writer err...Programmer       mikey@b2systems.com