1974 Midget For Sale

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1974 Midget For Sale
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 23:49:49 -0600
I know I'm gonna regret this.  But, I had my taxes done and Uncle Sam
wants me to pay him a small fortune.  I gotta sell some toys and guns.
 So, here goes.
1974 Midget, RWA, work in progress.  I bought the car from lister
Keith Turk.  It currently has a single HIF 6 on it and runs fine.  I
have at least two sets of stock SUs that can go with the car.  I have
about two pickup truck loads of parts that can go with the car, for
the right price.  The tranny is working fine but making more noise
than it should in certain situations.  The car needs paint.  There was
some rust under the battery and a few holes in the driver's floor pan.
 There is currently a piece of sheet metal under the battery that
needs to be welded in, perhaps after a little more metal is removed.
I was going to do this when I pulled the motor/tranny, but....  The
driver's floor board is solid, could be patched easily enough.  I have
a donor floor pan that can go.......you get it.  I can make someone a
good, fair deal on the car with lots of parts or just the car.  You
can have Rostyles, American Racing Silverstone Magnesium wheels(on the
car now, with 185/60s that have about 20 miles on them), 8-spoke
Minotar alloys (like Moss and VB sell), or all of the above.  The body
is excellent, with a few dents that will require attention.  The
bonnet is pretty much rust-free.
Here's a photo as it sits:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/dovco/MGStuff/Midget.jpg?t=1174887449
The worst dent is shown in the pic, on the fender between the primer
spot and the wheel well.  There are mild creases where the doors were
opened too far without straps.  There is no carpet in the interior but
I have a new carpet kit that has been sitting for a while but will
probably install nicely.  James Picard has seen the car in person,
although very dusty.  The top is good with a small 1" or so tear.  I
have a new top that can go.........

I have over $2000 worth of high performance parts that can go for the
right price.

Frank, you need a project, right?  Fly down here and drive this thing
home.  Or, fly down, rent a big truck, fill it with parts, and tow
this thing back to Jersey.

The possible donor of the floor board is a 76 Midget.  If you buy the
74, you can take the floor pan from the 76, or take the whole 76, but
I don't have a title for it.  The 76 has front end damage that makes
it not worth fixing, IMHO.

This is getting long so please email me off list if this is of
interest to anyone.  The car is in Baton Rouge, along with the spare
parts.

I would REALLY like to see this go to a lister.  Come see it, drive
it, and make me a fair offer and it's your's.
Cheers,
Derf