Re: Off Topic (Motorcycle gas tanks)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Off Topic (Motorcycle gas tanks)
From: Kent McLean <kentmclean@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 22:01:31 -0500
William McLeod <wbmcleod@cox.net> wrote:
 > My son-in-law haw a very low mileage Honda Shadow that has been
 > sitting in his garage for 5 years that now has a coating of rust
 > in the fuel tank.  Is bead-blasting a possibility?

You might try Googling: electrolysis rust.  Here's one link:
http://www.instructables.com/id/E17UQMY28PEQ6T2A5Z?ALLSTEPS

I have a '93 Kawasaki ZX-6 with a rusty tank. I tried this method
on the fuel level sender and it worked like a charm (although I
used baking soda; it just takes longer).  My next chore is the
tank itself. Note that this method is line of site between the
anode and electrode, so you may have to get creative with their
placement in the tank.

Good luck.

--
Kent McLean