Ribcase Q's

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ribcase Q's
From: "Herby" <herby@herbytoys.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 19:36:10 -0700
Okay I drag my ribcase out to get it prepped for the swap out of my
smoothcase. The input shaft seems to have some slop (~ .060-.090). Is that
bad news? If so is it a reasonably easy fix?

I also discovered I'm missing the shifter. I seem to recall that the
smoothcase shifter is different so does anyone have a ribcase one they want
to sell? I tried my smoothcase shifter and it seems to have a lot of
movement in the ball/socket area when gear. Is that the deal, the ribcase
ball/socket is a bigger diameter?

The good news is that it makes no serious noises (at least on the bench!).

Herby
63 MKII Sprite (Herbytoy - patiently waiting)
62 MKII Sprite (the "resto-mod" driver)
00 Dakota R/T (the new toy)
herby@herbytoys.com

www.herbytoys.com