Re: Electric Fan --- was LBC content

To: Dave G. <dmg@bossig.com>, Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electric Fan --- was LBC content
From: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 21:33:40 GMT
The six-bladed plastic fan (BTDT) blades have a greater angle of attack (AOA)
than the steel fans and thus produce far more airflow at similar rpms, and most
especially in the lower range wherein one finds himself creeping along in
traffic.

There's also an 11 bladed plastic (Mini?)
fan out there as well. Haven't tried this one.

10" "puller" elect. fans (I've one presently, in
place of the mech unit though my present
rad is an excellent alum. type) also work well....avail. from Summit or
Jeg's....as are
elect. "pushers" which supplement the
mechanical fan.

As Derf says...best to start with a good rad.

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)