MOTHRA SVRA Road America May 18-20

To: "'Team-Thicko@Autox.Team.Net'" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>,
Subject: MOTHRA SVRA Road America May 18-20
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 21:50:04 -0500
Hey y'all,

Busy busy busy in the world of Thickos. We've been in the throes of spring
time farm related doings. I've had lots of business related travel. Car prep
has had its ups and downs.

We're picking up John Sprinzel and his lovely wife Caryl at the airport in
Milwaukee on the 17th. They're flying in from Hawaii, and spending Thursday
night at the Dream Farm, and riding over to the track with us Fri.  AM. When
John & Caryl asked what type of clothes to bring to Wisco in May, I
suggested that shorts and parkas ought to cover it. Record temps for that
weekend in May range from 22F to somewhere in the 90'sF.

Last time John was at Road America, it was at the VSCDA's Vintage Fall
Festival, and we had rain of Biblical proportions for the first 2 days. His
last visit is chronicled at http://www.thicko.com/Shakey.htm .

 John is co-Grand Marshal of the MOTHRA race (Morgan, Triumph, Healey
challenge series) along with Kas Kaster.

I hope to have the Thicko land barge and Redrum over at the track early
Thursday.

For those of you that don't know John personally, I can tell you he is one
of the original Thickos. He's a pleasure to hang with. I'm sure he'll be
happy to meet all you "Thickos" and "Idgets with Spridgets".

There's a gymkhana for those of you that would like to get your groove on at
the track without going wheel to wheel.

The Thicko shop is only about 35 minutes from Road America., so if any
Mothra participants get into some mechanical difficulty, we can probably
accommodate almost anything here if you need help .

For more info contact: (Morgan) Bob Wilson aka Kermit at Kerm1@aol.com ,
(Triumph) Joe

Alexander at N197TR4@cs.com , (Austin Healey) Jeff Johnk at
jeffj@centuryrefining.com , or

head on over to SVRA's website at www.svra.com.

On the Flounder front. I rebuilt one of the race motors I got in the Roscoe
race Bugeye deal. I put it together yesterday, painted it today, and will
drop it in tomorrow. It has Venolia forged pistons, a Comptune cam, nitrided
crank, 13:1 CR. the usual stuff. It should have plenty of zip. Hopefully I
can break it in driving it around the local cow country before it hits the
trailer next weekend.

Let me know if you're racing or spectating. Stop by Thicko Village and say
"hey". .

Wm. Severin Thompson

 <mailto:wsthompson@thicko.com> wsthompson@thicko.com

 <http://www.thicko.com/> www.thicko.com

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/png which had a name of
image001.png]