RE: PAINT !!!! and carbs...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: PAINT !!!! and carbs...
From: "Dave G." <dmg@bossig.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 07:35:07 -0700
My thanks to all who responded to my plea....
The concensus is evenly divided between Brake cleaner and Carb
cleaner...  I shall try the Brake cleaner first as I have many cans of
the stuff in the shed...
I was concerned that it might destroy the plastic jets...
We'll see what happens...

The idle was not bad... so I thought I'd check the carbs settings with
the Auto-Syn. That's when I found out about the paint. I also found out
that the rear carb was shut off at idle!!
So I reset the carbs using the Auto-Syn... and now I have a lumpy
idle... some days you just can't win  :-))

Dave G.