a cool night for the scouts!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: a cool night for the scouts!
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 08:12:37 -0400
last night i took my son to his boy scout troop's meeting.  i was asked to
speak  about race car safety since this month's troop's topic is race cars.
(later this month they will be camping at poco international raceway) i took my
driver's gear and discussed what and why all that "stuff" was required and
explained flag stations and other aspects of safety like 5 & 6 piont harnesses
(brought an old 5 piont with me too.) fire systems and rollbars and cages.
then evryone got a chance to get into my bugeye (raced from 1961 to 1964 in
H-production in the washington DC region of the SCCA) while i fielded a zillion
questions about the car and other stuff from the boys.     the boys all wanted
to know what it sounded like so i fired it up!  they thought it was "cool"!  i
really wanted to take evry boy for a lap of the church parking lot where they
meet , but time was not in my favor for that.   that would have really
"contaminated" their minds for the future...LOL!  the scouts thanked me for my
time and upon coming home after a rather "spirited" drive home , my son gave me
a hug and said "thank you for doing your presentation tonight daddy"!    the
ride was way cool!  but the hug was priceless!

chuck

Charles Christ
cfchrist@earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.