RE: MIG Welder & Sprinzel front end info

To: "'derf'" <derf247@gmail.com>, "'Linda Grunthaner'"
Subject: RE: MIG Welder & Sprinzel front end info
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 07:57:37 -0400
Best bet is to lease a gas cylinder, from your local welding supply
house.  Then, when you need a refill, just take the empty to them and
exchange it for a full one, for whatever the cost of the type and amount
of gas happens to be.  I have my argon-CO2 cylinder leased for 5 years,
from Valley National Gases; the same outfit I bought both of my Lincoln
Welders from.  Can't recall, off hand, what I pay for the lease (I also
lease oxygen and acetylene tanks from them), but it's very reasonable
(competition between suppliers is a wonderful thing).
With a lease, you get a good tank, with each refill and don't have to
worry about your own tank suddenly becoming obsolete (remember the
propane tank change, a few years ago???)or having to be replaced (at
your expense) due to age/defect/whatever.
I've only had one problem with a leased tank (valve wouldn't seat
"closed", running me out of argon-CO2 over one weekend), and my supplier
sent a truck out with a replacement, as soon as I called to report the
problem.  I've been VERY pleased with the service they've given me over
the past 20+ years.
Bud Osbourne