Re: Well, it's not the water pump........

To: "Robert Weeks" <lists@woozy.com>
Subject: Re: Well, it's not the water pump........
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 01:39:31 -0500
Robert,

If you water pump shaft is correct and your engine mounts are good
then you have the wrong radiator.  Additionally, I'm unclear what you
mean about the "engine mount rubbers are also pushed as far forwards
as they will go".  On my 68, there is no forward or aft adjustment on
the engine mounts that I recall (I'm not looking under the hood at
1:30 am). I don't recall them being adjustable. At any rate, the
tranny mounts also have rubber dampers so there should be at least a
little lee way. From your descriptions something is not kosher with
the whole set-up....

Cheers!!
Jim