dizzy vac source

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: dizzy vac source
From: BCAH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 23:40:51 EDT
is there an easy way to tell where a dizzy should be getting its vac  source
from aside from knowing part numbers? I am building up a 1275  for  the BI
from a box of parts and am looking at different manifolds and dizzys. I  found
one manifold which fit a 1275 but the carb spacing was closer with  different
linkage lengths.Any idea what engine it went on? It was 1&1/4  size.  I also
found a dizzy with no provision for a vac advance can. There  was no casting on
the side to attach one.At first I thought it might just be a  centrifugal only
unit but something else caught my eye.----the plate where the  points were
attached was firmly attached to the body of the dizzy. In other  words ,it was
fixed timing unit. Now, maybe someone was playing around and  assembled this
from parts and did not know what he was doing, but then again????  Any
thoughts? It says 24D4 on the side. Bob C in  KS