Re: Overheating woes

To: "Dave G." <dmg@bossig.com>
Subject: Re: Overheating woes
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 22:14:02 -0400
Dave G. wrote:

> What is/was your normal hot oil PSI??

OP is still good, 60 psi at speed 40 at idle.
Temp (gauge) probe is in the head.
Fan temp probe is in the radiator fins.

I will flush it out and check the water pump.
It was not overheating during a spirited drive during the day with
Buster, but near the end of the day it cooked.
Seems like something went south. I can't imagine it clogging up while
driving. But the broken water pump makes sense.
Others mentioned the head gasket, how does a head gasket give up if the
car still runs fine? No leaks, no water in the oil, no oil in the water.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ