RE: Overheating woes

To: "'Frank Clarici'" <spritenut@comcast.net>, "'Dave G.'"
Subject: RE: Overheating woes
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 23:23:17 -0400
Frank,
I had a head gasket fail, several years ago.  There was no oil in the
water, no water in the oil, and the thing ran GREAT.  The hint was that,
every time I checked the coolant level, the system was pressurized, even
after sitting for several days.  It didn't really overheat all summer,
until I had it out on a hot day, running 4,000+ for 20-30 minutes.  From
that point on, it would heat up a bit, after a few miles of spirited
driving (naturally, it was Roadster Factory Summer Party weekend).
Replaced the head gasket, when I got home, and it's been just fine ever
since (this was in August of '98).
Bud Osbourne