Re: Overheating woes > Water Wetter

To: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: Overheating woes > Water Wetter
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 16:25:40 -0500
Chris,

Now you have me curious...   Time to drag out the old fluid dynamics texts
and the CDC book.  ;-)   I am thinking that gases *are* fluids of very low
density.  I'm a meteorologist and we apply the same laws to the atmosphere
that hold for fluids. Some adjustment to the equation for density of the
fluid ("rho" which would be Mass / unit Volume) gives one P =(rho)RT.  Now
you can make the fluid dense and turn it to liquid if you wish and P is
still inversely related to T, right?
I'll look this up tonight.  It's been a very long time since I messed with
this and you've made me curious...

Cheers!!
Jim

--