Weber DCOE 45

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weber DCOE 45
From: Joe Lansing <kidjoevid@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 05:51:37 -0700 (PDT)
I purchased a Weber DCOE 45 carb and manifold kit from
Pierce Manifolds, and I have the following problems.
The hood will not clear the air filter ass'y, and
almost touches the top of the carb. This is a result
of the length and rise of the manifold. Has anyone
else used their typical manifold on a spridget? Mine
is a 62 MKII. I could carve out a piece of the
supporting ridge and take out the hood support rod and
it might just fit.

How are folks setting up linkage? The weber has the
round ball fitting to attach linkage to. I've tried
adapting the existing accelerator cable, but I cannot
get it to operate smoothly. Has anyone tried setting
one up with solid rod type linkage directly from the
cross rod in the driver's cockpit up thru the firewall
to the carb. I'm thinking one of the rods available
from the Pierce website (see attached pic) might work.

Any advice?

Joe Lansing
62 Sprite

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of
75500.xxx[1].jpg]