Dieseling (Run-on)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Dieseling (Run-on)
From: Mike Rivers <beatlemikey@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 08:25:06 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

I'm trying to resolve the long-going issue of a
dieseling condition that my engine has had since the
beginning.  When I start it cold and let it run for a
few minutes and shut it down, it shuts off normally.
When I let it reach operating temperature and/or have
driven the car at all, that's when it diesels.  I'm
thinking of maybe pulling the head and checking to see
if there's places where hot spots might form.  I've
checked everything else, timing, mixture, intake
manifold for leaks, etc.  I've tried different brands
and grades of gas also.  The engine has about 1,000
miles on it since the rebuild.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike Rivers