Re: [Spridgets] half shaft retainer

To: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] half shaft retainer
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 21:08:22 -0600
Please, use the correct tool.  If you are stuck in the desert and must
fix the car and only have a Phillips, then you might get by but you'd
better buy all new fasteners at the next opportunity.
I checked in the mad scientist lab(my shop) and the tool I use on
those screws is a MAC impact bit, 5/16 hex with a P3 designator.  The
MAC 5/16 hex to 3/8 square drive is part of an impact (hit with a
hammer type) tool kit.  If I'm in the field I use the hit with a
hammer tool but around the lab I use a cheapo HF 3/8 air impact
wrench.  The impact part may account for why I've never destroyed one
of those fasteners, yet.  But, I guess I'm overdue.
And, yes, everyone, I know who Daniel1312 is.  At first I thought it
might be a Bible thing but there isn't a Daniel chapter 13 verse 12.
Knowledge is king.  I will admit that next time I get to a real tool
sale I will price a proper set of Pozidriv driver bits.  I found
Bristol spline wrenches, so I'm sure Pozidriv won't be too elusive.
Cheers,
Derf