Re: [Spridgets] Grease in Steering rack...

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Grease in Steering rack...
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 12:39:23 -0500
> Spit racks were used starting in 1972.  If your car was made after
> that, then you should have the spit rack.  If it was made before that
> and titled in 73, it could have the older rack.  The older rack is
> more desirable and more robust.

I have never had a car with the Morris rack, so my opinion is
flawed ;-). I understand that the Morris rack is a quicker ratio,
therefore more desirable, but I have no complaints about the
performance or robustness of the Spitty rack.

Introducing grease into the rack is not fun. I wish they had used a
zerk. The threads of that bolt seem to be quite similar to those on
a grease gun, but you don't get a straight shot at them. I suppose
you could drill and tap the bolt for a grease fitting...
David Lieb