Re: [Spridgets] A MODERN PARABLE -- No LBC

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] A MODERN PARABLE -- No LBC
From: "Guy R Day" <grday@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:37:48 +0100
My daughter and boyfriend have just come back after a 'Disney' Holiday in
Florida and one of the first things said was, "Aren't American cars
horrible!"  Approaching an intersection, lights began to change and he stuck
his foot on the loud pedal.  All that happened was he cruised across the
junction at his previous speed, only starting to accelerate when he reached
the other side.  He said it was a 3 litre V6.  (He knows the make, I didn't
really bother listening - it was 5am when I had to get up to collect them
from the airport!) The point is are there any European or far eastern cars
with that engine capacity that would do the same without being defective?
I too echo this gripe against your vehicles, the common or garden road
variety is a slug.  Your quicker cars are truly good.  But put the average
domestic US family car against an average rest of world car and you have the
result below - <snip> they don't compete with the competition.<snip>
(Not only that but the last two US hire cars I've used both had punctures.
Grrr  That clouds your mind a little!! <LOL>

GRD