[Spridgets] Pick-n-pull score

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Pick-n-pull score
From: "Hal Faulkner" <hal@katemuir.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 18:02:56 -0700
Went to the pick-n-pull on Tuesday to look at the Midget that Glen
mentioned.  And, as I simply can't afford to do a 5 speed conversion, was
pleased to note that the tranny was still there.  Didn't have time to get it
then, though so I went back today.  After 2 hours in the dental chair what
could be better than 5 hours salvaging parts?  Got the ribcase, a 12G1316
head, crossflow shroud (sp?), a spin-on oil filter adapter, a flywheel
(someday Paul is going to adapt this one for a datsun clutch....) Then
happened to look in the boot.  The diff was in there.  It wasn't there when
Glen found the car, nor when I looked in there on Tues but today it was.  I
haven't had the time to scrape off the grime enough to see the ratio, but
for that year car it should be a 3.9, I think.  So, even though I didn't
need it all I think I did o.k. for the day.  The shift lever is one of those
ugly ones that use a "witch's hat" boot so I'm now in the market for a
ribcase shifter that I can use with a bugeye shift surround and grommet.
Anyone?
Now if I can just get it toghether to finish the motor....

Hal