Re: [Spridgets] Oil leak from dip stick?

To: David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Oil leak from dip stick?
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 22:14:12 -0400
David Lieb wrote:

> Point is, having #70 does not mean you have a proper PCV setup and NOT
> having one does not mean that you don't.

Very good point.
I have had several 1275s and not 2 needed the same PCV set up.
One engine needed nothing where the other needed a plumber and extra
pick up points like the fuel pump block off, carbs, intake PCV  valve
and a tube from the valve cover to the air filter just to keep the leaks
down to a minimum.
The stock tubes from the carbs to the t/cover work *some times* they may
have worked OK when new. But most engines need a draw off the intake
manifold with a PCV valve, if this ends up being too much draw, just
restrict the hose from the t/cover with a nut in the hose.
Too much draw and the car will smoke due to oil being sucked out of the
crankcase. Not enough draw and you blow oil out every nook and cranny.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ