[Spridgets] Front suspension done

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Front suspension done
From: "Mark A. O'Neil" <mark.a.oneil@Dartmouth.EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 21:47:15 -0500
Hey,

Wanted to say thanks to everyone who over the last couple months
provided advice on how to take care of the front suspension on my '79.

The shocks from Peter are nothing short of incredible and the a-arm
from Eric in OH is great too. Possibly even better was the service by
both to answer questions and in the case of a problem with the first
a-arm, Eric's quick response to getting a replacement out to me. With
snow predicted in the near future and me working in the drive it is
great relief to have this done.

I ended up replacing the a-arm bushings etc, kingpins (loose fit on
both sides), shocks, coils, tie rod ends, pretty much everything
except the spindle and hubs/rotors. Years of neglect and abuse
required it.

Tomorrow, I put the last brake caliper on and take it for a short
drive over to my buddy's garage where we will box in the frame a bit,
put the sway arm back on and set the alignment. (thanks for the
photos and pointers on all that also!)

Looking forward seeing how it handles with all those new bits and the
tighter springs. I expect that it will be a massive improvement.

Thanks!
-m