Re: [Spridgets] Mini Cooper S price question

To: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Mini Cooper S price question
From: David Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:24:33 -0600
Brashear, Jack, N wrote:
> Hi to the many of you that own late Minis.  I have an opportunity to buy
> a 2006 S with just barely 10,000 miles from a lady in my building.  It
> has moon/sun/whatever roof option and all the other bells and whistles,
> 6-speed automatic with the steering wheel paddles.  Tires still look
> fine.  I drove this car when she bought it new and What A Great Ride it
> was!!  Anyway, she's asking $22.5k.  Is this too much money, just about
> right, or what?? Oh yes, she says she needs something a little bigger
> that will hold her bicycle.  Please help me out with this and many
> thanks.
>
> Jack

Jack,

My 2005 S was ~24k with the sunroof, 6 speed manual, 16" wheels (17"
runflats were a bit too harsh on our Wisconsin winter heaved roads),
auto-temp, and a few other goodies.  I think the price is pretty fair
but I also think she might come down a tad.  As Derf suggested,
determine what she paid and use the rate of depreciation to figure what
it's worth and if you like it offer her a bit more.  They are fun cars
and almost give me my "Sprite" fix during winter months.

Good luck,
Dave
59 :{)
05 MCS