Re: [Spridgets] I'll stir the pot up (no LBC)

To: Larry Daniels <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] I'll stir the pot up (no LBC)
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 18:25:47 -0800
Larry Daniels wrote:  "Can you imagine all of that?"

Whoa, whoa, whoa!   Have a talk with Flounder.  I was just responding to
his comment, that,"I just don't think the government should be able to
tell me to do it before a purchase of a widely available product."

But as far as free public schools and reduced in-state tuition for
college, you would have to take that up with Martin Luther.  And with
the Puritans who started it in this country!.  Public police, fire,
roads, etc.?  Those are *communal* efforts that safeguard the
commonweal, and predate by centuries even the founding of our country.

"Hey, the city I live in plows the snow off the streets....I'll bet it
doesn't happen by you, does it?"

Absolutely not!  If I want snow cleared off the public street on which I
live, I gotta get the shovel and do it myself!

Buster