Re: [Spridgets] u joint install

To: nases@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] u joint install
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 22:18:58 -0600
Phil,

Did this job about 8 months ago. Examine the U-joint yokes. One side has a
bit deeper curve than the other. That's where the zerk goes. This is hard to
explain in words. A picture is worth a thousand words and I know there are a
couple out there but am not sure where to tell you to look. Maybe some of
the others can help. Anyway, pretty sure you are going to have to do it over
again...   Thankfully, the Hardy Spicers are pretty cheap.....

Come to think of it, I think Just Ed has a picture of this that he sent
me... Try him at Ed@justbrits.com

Sorry!
Jim

On Dec 19, 2007 9:20 PM, Phil Nase <nases@verizon.net> wrote:

> I installed the rear u joint tonight with the grease zerk facing the drive
> shaft.  It bumps the fixed end of the shaft before it reaches the end of
> its
> travel.  My manual shows both ends with the zerk pointing to the drive
> shaft.
>
> I hope I don't have to ruin a new u joint to change it.  Anyone know?
>

> Phil Nase
> Quakertown, PA
> http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa<http://home.comcast.net/%7Ephilnasecpa>

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 "Spridget" in Dodge City
Don't miss "50 Years of Spridgets" at Lake of the Ozarks, June 26-29, 2008!!

For info and registration... <http://www.Sprite-MidgetClub.org>