Re: [Spridgets] Opinions wanted

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Opinions wanted
From: James Gruber <thistle_3619@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:36:37 -0800 (PST)
Frank,

  That certainly sounds like a better place to start. I've got a little bit of
room at the front of the doors to move them. I'll start with that. Replacing A
Pillar Skin will be enough of a job while teaching myself to weld, that I don't
want to take on any more than necessary. Bugsy is in the garage as of this
afternoon and hood and fenders are coming off for his new Rhinoplasty starting
tomorrow. Thanks.

Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net> wrote:
  James Gruber wrote:
> Yeah that statement alone is scary with this list.
>
> I'm putting Bugsy into the garage for A Pillar skin work.

So now that we all gave our opinions on foods, has anybody tried to
offer help for Jim's doors?

Jim
Have you tried adjusting the doors? They move up, down, in, out at each
hinge.
Loosen the bolts inside the door, and loosen the screws in the hinges.
I use some thin strips of wood to hold the door close while tightening
the bolts. Keep upward pressure on the doors where they meet the B post
because it's own weight will make it drop just a tad.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Cincinnati, OH