[Spridgets] a tale of 2 hardtops

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] a tale of 2 hardtops
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 15:03:10 -0600
I was tracking both of these hardtops.

Factory 2 seat big healey hardtop.. http://tinyurl.com/2c8p7d

And.

A factory Bugeye hardtop. http://tinyurl.com/24dqmx

The guy that bought the 2 seat big Healey hardtop got a real deal. These
rarely become available, and I've seen them go for $4000+. (I turned one
down for my BN6 back in the 70's for $100.) Although they look nearly
identical to the factory 4 seat, they are not the same. Really hard to come
by.

I found the no sale, reserve not met price of the Bugeye hardtop to be
pretty staggering. I believe that's our "seeking approval, modifying the car
with air ride" dude selling that (along with the Walker bonnet). I've not
seen a factory hardtop go that high. Highest I ever paid was $600 for a
freshly painted mint one with perfect chrome, seals and original window. I
paid $1000 for a very rare aftermarket fastback top once. But unsold at
$1250 due to reserve not met is hard to believe. This was in primer, and
needed seals installed too.

Wm. Severin Thompson

~iii<O

 <mailto:wsthompson@thicko.com> wsthompson@thicko.com

 <http://www.thicko.com/> www.thicko.com

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/png which had a name of
image001.png]