Re: [Spridgets] a tale of 2 hardtops

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] a tale of 2 hardtops
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 22:50:52 -0500
Wm. Severin Thompson wrote:
> There's the BMC hardtop for Bugeyes, and then there's the Warwick supplied
> hardtop for Bugeyes. The Warwick tops are taller, but look very similar. I'm
> sure Frank could add some details.

The Healey bugeye tops did take a taller side curtain, I do have a pair
(NOS) of those curtains, I also had a Healey hardtop all restored and
sold it for $500 a few years ago. Like Mike, I used it once and never
again. I found a supply of those side curtains manufactured by Baker and
bought all he had left, like 12 pair but I have since sold all but 2
pair, 1 I use on my 59 and 1 will be for the 58.
I even had tempered glass installed in my side curtains, no more
scratched dull plexi.
But yes, they are taller by about an inch or so and work perfect with
the works hardtop.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ