Re: [Spridgets] Weights of wheels...

To: Mjsprite@aol.com, abcoz@hky.com, Weslake1330@aol.com,
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Weights of wheels...
From: Mike/Donna Carpenter <mail4carpenters@peoplepc.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 07:50:41 -0500 (EST)
One of the easiest ways to view it is by thinking of a bicycle.  The sprung
weight can be thought of as the frame of the bike.  Unsprung weight would be
the wheels of the bicycle.  The lighter the wheels are the easier and faster
you can pedal the bike on a given stretch of road.  The frame can be much
heavier and it is not noticed on such a grand scale as when you increase the
weight of the wheels because they are what is actually moving relative to the
frame.

Mike C