[Spridgets] Car Sales

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Car Sales
From: RampantNM@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 11:00:43 EST
In a message dated 2/14/2008 6:16:06 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
spridgets-request@autox.team.net writes:

not  being able to
find anybody working there except some punk kid who doesn't  know shit, but
when you go to a place where they display complicated 50  thousand dollar
merchandise, you want to be left  alone?

 A few years ago when we were car shopping for the wife, we went to a  Chebby
dealer and wanted to look at the Tahoes.  We were walking through  the lot
when a pimply faced kid with slick backed hair and two days growth of  beard
came up and introduced himself to me.  I introduced him to my wife  and said
"show her what she wants and answer her questions, the car is for  her"  He
nodded
in her direction and asked me what kind of vehicle I was  looking for.

Again, I told him my wife was shopping for the car and I was only there to
take her to the dealerships.  He ignored me completely and started telling  me
about a pickup we happened to be standing beside.

My wife walked straight back to our car and we bought a Tahoe  elsewhere.

Most of the sales folks have no decent sales training or experience.   When a
bought a Ford Probe back in 89, I stopped at a dealer that was  advertising a
good deal on one like I wanted.  The salesman took me out  back and we found
a decent color and I said "I'll take it, write it up."   He told me we needed
to take a test drive.  I told him I'd already driven  one, liked them, was
ready to buy the one I'd picked out.  I was on my  lunch hour and needed to get
back to work.

After he insisted because it was "company policy", I said fine, "you  drive."

I had him drive me through a burger joint, got a cheeseburger to go, and  ate
it back at the dealership while he finally wrote up the deal and talked to
my banker.

Sometimes you just want to look, sometimes you just want to buy.  The
salesman has to learn that while the customer may not always be right, they are
 the
only SOB buying.

Regards,

Robert B. Houston

74.5 MGBGT
73 MG  Midget

As he stared at her ample bosom, he daydreamed of the dual  Skinners Union
carburetors in his vintage MG, highly functional yet  pleasingly formed,
perched prominently on top of the intake manifold, aching  for experienced
hands,
the small knurled caps of the oil dampeners begging  to be inspected and
adjusted as described in chapter seven of the Haynes  shop manual.

Awards. Go to AOL Music.