Re: [Spridgets] Car Sales

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Car Sales
From: "Larry Macy, Ph.D." <lmacy@phillymgclub.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 12:02:13 -0600
So recently my wife bought a Rabbit from the local VW place. While I
was there I was looking at an Eos. Nice car. So I took one for an
overnight test drive (they shouldn't a done that ;-) 200+ miles later
I returned it and we talked about me buying it. I still had over a
year on my current lease and trading it in means I have to finance the
payoff on the lease. So I declined.

Roll into December and the dealership is have a close out sale on the
'07's. So they call me up and ask me to come in and talk to t them.
Well since we already had this conversation, I was reluctant. I had a
budget number I could not go over for payments. They already had all
my info from the last time so I told them to check it over and if they
could meet that number I would come down. If they could not, then do
not waste my time and theirs. They called back and said the finance
dude said they could make it. So I drive on down and after 30 minutes
of going over EVERYF'ING THING again the sales dude comes back with
the car (same one I put 200 miles on) "just to remind me what we were
talking about" and then proceeds to lay one a monthly payment the is
just over what I had said three days ago, but nearly $200 over. He had
written it on a piece of paper with a smiley face. I stopped him and
said Not happening. He said let me go talk to finance. So this other
dude comes in and I give him the whole story and he says" So you are
perturbed and I can't get past that" Damn Straight Skippy. So I walked
out with the salesman saying "I'll call you if something comes up"
Guess he like rejection.

Larry

--
Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu
Senior IT Program Director
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

and
you're a fool for the rest of your life.