Re: [Spridgets] Car Sales

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Car Sales
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 17:08:03 -0800 (PST)
--- Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can we agree that the dumbing down of our population
> is worrisome? I taught
> College Engineering Physics for a few semesters
> about 15 years ago. I was
> stunned at the level to which college physics and
> mathematics had sunk since

Tell him to speak to any new grad in materials physics
who can design 8 GB of flash memory in his sleep that
will fit on the head of a pin. Or a new grad in
international business who knows more about ITAR and
export regulations than President Bush. Wait, not the
best example. And easy high school? Not around here.
I've got high school summer help at work designing
robotic test fixtures that work.  My kid brought me
some 9th grade genetics and probability functions to
check last night that had me scratching my head. Now
I'm no rocket scientist....no wait, I am.

I'm 42. I work with people 18 years old and people 70
years old. There are brilliant people in both
demographics. I have nearly 200 people reporting to me
from new grads to Ph.ds. I try to interview every
single person we hire, from the Ph.d scientists to the
tool setter in the shop to the $8 an hour temps who
run the document scanners after hours. The only ones I
won't tolerate are the ones who can't imagine how
tomorrow will be better than today.

Rant off,
Ron

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs