Re: [Spridgets] How to fix

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@comcast.net>, "Spridgets"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] How to fix
From: "Alan" <theshoe5@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 07:43:36 -0500
Frank,
Adjusting the toe should have no effect on the camber. If it did you would
have a condition called bump steer, fells like someone is tugging on
steering wheel as you go over bumps and the suspension goes through its
travel . This comes from incorrect length tierods (inners). Shimming the
shock will only move it upward with little to no effect on camber, you would
have to slot the mounting holes to move the shock outwards to increase
positive camber. I still think you have a bent spindle. You can conferm this
by taking the car to your local Firestone on Rt.37 and for 19 bucks they
will check the alignment(check is free if you purchased tires). Take a look
at the SIA (steering axis inclination) and included angle numbers on the
printout. They should confirm the bent spindle. Here is a handy link to
better explan these readings.
http://www.familycar.com/Alignment.htm#Steering%20Axis%20Inclination%20(SAI)
I'm sure you have more spindles in your stock, but if you don't I think I
have some you can have.
Alan