Re: [Spridgets] To name a car

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] To name a car
From: "Biff Jones" <biffjones@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 19:32:46 -0500
Frank's first suggestion brings back memories.
In between sports cars in the '59 or '60, I bought a '49 Ford coupe that was
white (what was left of it) and it burned a quart of oil every 30 miles as
"transportation" between real cars. I was a junior at the time and during a
smoke break in biology class (teacher let us smokers use his supply room of
the lab) a couple of us were discussing my latest purchase and somewhere the
idea of dropping a water balloon filled with red paint on the roof of my car
came up. The next day I made sure my car was parked right under the supply
room window and a couple of balloons of red paint magically appeared. One
hit dead center on the roof, another on the hood, and the third on the
trunk.  Car became known to everyone at school as "Miscarriage".

Biff
P.S. I had another fill in car, a '47 Chevy fastback, that was called "The
Tarnished Pearl"  Don't ask!