Re: [Spridgets] To name a car

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] To name a car
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 03:32:49 -0800 (PST)
One of my friends has two TR-6's - The first one was pulled from a junkyard and
became known as Rusty.  The second was partially burned when he acquired it
(we've all heard stories of people removing the fuel line to get to the oil
filter...) and is lovingly referred to as Smokey.  I keep waiting for a good
name to occur to me for the white '71 Frank built last year.  The brakes did
fail once...Any suggestions?  Maybe Leaky? Drip?   ?
   - David

Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net> wrote:
  I have been reading about Spridgets with names on this list for many
years. The only name I ever had for any of my Sprites was for PIECES
since it was made from pieces of many Sprites.
All my others are referred to by year on the list but by color around
the family. Like when my daughter takes one she prefers the "blue
Sprite" which is the 59, my son likes the white Sprite which is the 58,
now I have come up with a name for the green 67 Sprite.
Some guys use Miss Agatha, Miss Marple, well I named mine.
Miss Carriage ! Just because it should have never been.
Maybe Abortion is a better name?
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ