[Spridgets] Carburetor Gasketing

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Carburetor Gasketing
From: JMFarley50@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 11:30:27 EDT
I just rebuilt the SUs for my 1275.  When installing on the  engine, do folks
leave the gaskets behind the heat shield and on either  side of the spacers
dry, or should I use a sealant on them?

If a sealant is used, what are your recommendations for type?  I have  a tube
of Permatex "2" non-hardening Form A Gasket Sealant that says it resists
gasoline and a tube of high temp. RTV silicone that states it is not for
gasoline contact.  Sounds like the Permatex "2" is a possibility.   Others?

Thanks for your feedback,
John F.