Re: [Spridgets] FW: OT- Beer

To: Kate <kgb@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] FW: OT- Beer
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 15:36:09 -0500
Excellent observation, Kate!  When I arrived at my forward base in 'nam with
my 6 member forward weather support team, a Marine Lt. whom I shall forever
be grateful to had us un-sling out M-16s (M = miserable) and pitch them in
the nearest binju ditch (sewer). They then gave us captured SKS's in 7.62
from the armory. I used that gun frequently for my year in country and
kissed it when I left it to my relief. The best @*&!@(#*  weapon I every
fired!  Almost zero maintenance and it never jammed or failed us!  Fooled
Charlie a few times too when he heard a Kalashnikov in the dense jungle and
assumed it was a friend   ;-}   The only weapon I would have considered
trading it for was the Marine's M-14 purely for the knock down power!

Cheers!!
Jim

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 12:23 PM, Kate <kgb@frontiernet.net> wrote:

> Actually, this is not necessarily a bad thing.  Guns are one of the few
> things that China makes well. Since most of the military consists of
> uneducated conscripts, the tolerances of weapons are so loose that they
> will
> fire with the barrel full of mud.
>
> Kate
>

> > 'course the gun was made in China!

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 "Spridget" in Dodge City
Don't miss "50 Years of Spridgets" at Lake of the Ozarks, June 26-29, 2008!!

For info and registration... <http://www.Sprite-MidgetClub.org>