Re: [Spridgets] ZDDP

To: "Dean Hedin" <dlh2001@comcast.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] ZDDP
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 22:00:24 -0500
Here is an article by Charles Navarro.  It is written for/about Porches, but
they are dealing with the same thing we are.  I have talked to him via
e-mail and in person as well as attended an extensive tech session with him.
Charles has been studying this for years and has spent thousands and
thousands of dollars testing different products.  His research is considered
among the best.

http://www.lnengineering.com/oil.html

If you Google ZDDP, you will get more articles on this than you will ever
want to read.  Be sure to find out when the recommendations for oils were
made as they are being re-formulated all the time.  What was good last year
might not be good this year.

Look for a Crane Cams article.  They had a good one, too.

In any case, read up on/Google Brad Penn Oils.  They are committed to
supplying the right stuff to our old motors and are one of the premier oil
suppliers out there.  The high-performance shops in my area are all carrying
Brad Penn oils now.  (They use flat-tappets in their race motors, too.)

LAD