Re: [Spridgets] Troubleshooting advice needed please

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Troubleshooting advice needed please
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 12:56:04 -0700
The other issue is that you do not have a residual valve in the
clutch bore like you have in the brake bore. Consequently, operating
the pedal with the bleeder open only moves the fluid back and forth
until you build some pressure. Other options are to close the bleeder
while the pedal is held on the downstroke.

My own solution is to run a hard line from the clutch slave, with a
bleeder at the end of the line, up to an area about the level of the
battery tray where I can manipulate the bleeder while I'm standing at
the MC.  I can bleed a clutch that way in about 3 minutes.

Gerard