[Spridgets] battery acid on the terminals crap

To: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] battery acid on the terminals crap
From: "Linda Grunthaner" <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 09:21:47 -0400
List,
We all know the battery in our Spridigets are in a bad location and I dread
to remove mine as I fear throwing my back out once again. I have the usual
acid buildup on my terminals and I tried those little pads which don't work
and I don't want to clean it again without removing it so I can get it
really clean using baking soda wash. Do those terminal sprays work to reduce
the acid buildup or should I use petroleum jelly and does that work? Or
should I replace my battery with a screw post type battery and of course
replace the cables? I have never had corrosion on my screw down type of
batteries. Are our Sprites using 500 cold cranking amps I may swap this
battery for my 67 VW camper and buy a screw type for the Sprite.
Lin

PS Woops I better change into the I don't care jeans if I'm playing around
with batteries I just hate holes in my nice jeans :)

62 California Sprite (Pinky)
www.freewebs.com/lgrunthaner