Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye original paint

To: "'Dean Hedin'" <dlh2001@comcast.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye original paint
From: "B- Evans" <b-evans@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 21:06:04 -0700
Dean Hedin wrote:  "Close but no cigar would apply to the many variations of
OEW I have looked at over the years."

Absolutely!   And I had the unfortunate experience of having to try most of
them.  At Christmastime of 1961, I drove my Sprite from Memphis to my home
in Southern California.  When I was gone one night, my brother wanted to
drive my Sprite, and the folks said OK.   Three blocks away, he  crunched
the RF wing and suspension.   Bondo restored the curvature, but over the
years I was never able to find an OEW paint that would match the Healey
paint.   I think the spectrographic analysis finally led to the right Healey
formula.

Buster