[Spridgets] water pump pulley

To: "spridgets Spridgets@autox.team. Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] water pump pulley
From: Phil Nase <bugi1960@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 12:59:58 -0400
I have a plastic 6 blade fan to mount on my 1098 engine.  With the
single groove pulley the fan won't fit over the end of the water pump
that protrudes thru the pulley.

I have a 3 groove pulley from a 1275 that has a thicker flange on the
front that fits flush with the front of the water pump.  So now my fan
fits but I am wondering if this is a problem in any way.  I know Frank
was talking at Carlisle about a spacer but I don't have one and they
are hard to find I guess.  No timing cover clearance problems with the
stock timing cover.

Is this set up ok?

Phil Nase
Quakertown, PA